Friday 19 March 2010

Virtual Environment

I didn’t really know what my direction for the virtual environment was going to be, but I had a vague knowing that it was going to belong to someone menacing, so with that in mid I started modelling weapons.
I started by using a sourced image from the internet and modelling from that, I would model half then use the symmetry function to make it whole.


I then did a quick UVW unwrap and use the sourced image for the detailing on the gun.

And then did the same process for the other gun

I then created very simple rooms, relying on lighting and texture to give a sense of realism. This, the first room only consist of a simple cabinet, table, a few ‘toxic’ like barrels, stairs and some sort of electricity wires, by adding light I was hoping for an ominous feel throughout the rooms. The second room is far too basic for my liking, it’ pretty much just a circular room with some sort of ornament in the middle, but it is unknown to the viewer what it is. The last room is the lab, full of ‘aliens’ in a sort of cryogenic tube.

Here are the final results:



Evaluation of my own performance:

Although I am happy with my first attempt at a virtual environment, I know I could have done much better. I didn’t push myself, imaginatively or artistically during this project due to my lack of motivation I guess. I know I want to do this next year, so I need to pull my finger out and crack on, so during my spare time during the year and summer I shall go on to create 3D works. Here are some I’m playing around with at the moment,


Peace out, 1x

No comments:

Post a Comment