Thursday 27 October 2011

Simulated Client Evaluation

We had three weeks in which to create anything we wanted for the NTU Alumni project. I decided on creating a short animation with two fully rigged characters. The modelling of the characters took more time than it needed as overall I created three models and after I created my second character and no longer liked my first character so I decided to completely re model my character. Another problem I came up with is that one of my models files got corrupt as in the process I was working on two computers as I made a changeover to one computer so this set me back a while.

It's been a while since I have modelled fully human characters so I had to dust myself off and get myself back into it and you can see from the animation the rigging is off due to my models not being model in a correct and pliable manner. I will need to model more characters and looking into the anatomy of organic creatures more to get a better understanding of how to rig the models better.

As I want to focus more on the character animation side of things in this course I don't think I allowed myself the most amount of time to actually animate. All in all I think I only gave myself about three days out of the three weeks to animate which I know, is just bad time management and is just ridiculous seeing as I want to be more involved in character animation.
Overall I am pretty happy with what I have churned out in three weeks but in future I will definitely give myself more time to actually animate but for now I will further my skills in actually modelling characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment