Monday 5 March 2012

Artefact 2 - Slinky

This is my second artefact from the classic slinky scene in Ace Ventura, When Nature Calls:

.

In this piece I wanted to show a strong physical and emotional performance in my character. I decided to chose the classic slinky sequence from Ace Ventura, when nature calls. He has a strong physical performance with the underlying emotional performance of someone that is rather self centred and confident. The performance is very exaggerated and extrovert and this comes across in my animated version. It was very tricky to try and capture Jim Carreys energy in such a short period of time to animate it but overall it's an OK artefact for character animation. Some of the feedback I got an audience of peers was I needed to tone down the facial animation that I created in my version. The reasoning behind toning it down was that everyone who has seen Jim Carrey in action will know about his over the top performances and whilst in live action that is all good and well its sometimes not a good thing in animation to portray it in that way as everyone knows what I am trying to do, create an animated version of Jim Carrey whereas I should be creating a performance based on his own, not a copy. This is feedback that I will need to take in and remember for future animations as it is a very true statement. I also need to again work on strong poses and not float from one action to another. Stronger poses and motions are needed on direct words again also to back up the strong emphasis on words, this reiterates what was said on the last artefacts evaluation and I really need to work on it. on the whole I think it recreates the scene very well, recreating his strong emotions he portrays through his physical movement and the exaggerated performance he gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment