Tuesday 1 May 2012

Artefact 5 - Miner




Improvements on the first draft

Feedback I got was that I wasn't showing enough of the weight in the hammer. Also I was parenting the hammer to the hand control and animating the hand control when I should have been doing it the other way. By changing the parenting I was able to quickly keep the hammer stable, grounding it and gave it the appearance of weight.

Evaluation of final artefact

I wanted to try and get the most I could out of the rig in its overall performance in this artefact which I believe I have done. This is definitely my favourite artefact and is also the longest. It have the most content in my eyes, content being character animation, not referring to the environments. I think it communicates the story and context and well as the frustration of the character all without sound which again confirms my research that you can indeed communicate a story with just character animation. This is best case of my character animations and is more refined than the others. Even taking the refinement away I can personally tell that my skills in character animation have got much better in these past few weeks and importantly I enjoyed animating this sequence. There is good timing, anticipation, it's clear to the audience I just as important its entertaining to watch which is what this is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment